Brake pad repl light out???

I have a 2001 325ci. I just replaced the rear brake pads and put in a new wear sensor. The dash light does not want to go out.
The dealer was no help. He suggested turning the ignition key to on and
waiting 2 minutes. Didn't work
Any other tricks?
Thanks!

Assuming you've fitted the new sensor correctly he's right. Turn the ignition on (not aux position) and wait.
--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Did you check the fron one? ;-) I just replaced mine yesterday (pretty cheach $25 canadian each from the dealer)
If all else fails you can cut the sensor wire and join the two wires together - the sensor is basically a switch. - But I prefer mine working.
I did have to cycle the ignition switch once or twice before the light went out
T '94 325is E36
uncle_vito wrote:

You don't need to. But it does add up the time spent on with the engine not running. Clever, these Germans. ;-)
--
*Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects *

Thanks for the input.
I took the old sensor and connected the ends together. The light still would not go out, so I know it is not a bad installation of the sensor. I figured I did not know how to turn the lamp out. That was why I posted this question here.
I will try turning the key on for 2 min again, but that didn't seem to work. I was hoping there was another trick, perhaps unique to my model year.
Thanks
Vito

It will go out after some time period. Just be patient.

Are you saying you haven't replaced the sensor but shorted it out?

Works on all the ones I've tried - but with new sensors. It's just possible shorting it out doesn't work. But in any case the 2 minute thing isn't exact - just try leaving the ignition on for longer. And the ignition must be on - not the auxilliary position.
--
*Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them *