brake pad & rotor question

I just changed front and back pads and rotors. Brakes seem "soft".
What might cause this? Do new pads/rotors need time to adjust? Oil on
pads or rotors?
I did not bleed brake fluid this time.
Thanks for advice.

And as a result you're likely feeling air in the system...
daytripper wrote:

Why is this? I just changed my front pads and will be doing my rear pads in the near future. My brakes don't feel bad at all. Changing the pads and rotors should not have any effect on air in the system, should it?
--
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people
know that.

Of course not! It's not the hydraulic system that's opened.
To the OP: Yes, it takes a few tens or hundreds of kilometers for the pads to seat properly. Nothing to be worried about, just mind that the braking distances will be slightly longer.
--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng /, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"