brake pads - harder "dustless" or OEM brand

Page 2 of 2
BMW Guy wrote:

Yes, the deep divot is the minimum permissible thickness. I forget what the shallower one was. Maybe just to let you know you're getting close?
--
-Fred W

Yeah, I think the instructions on the box said that the shallow divot was to let you know you need to start saving money for new pads, rotors, and a sensor... the deeper one is to remind you to drive slowly, your rotors are toast.
My Brembo fronts did not have the divots, wish they did.