brake sensor missing front wheel psgr side

I just ordered new brakes, rotos, brake sensors for my 98 528I ....I started with to change the rotors with the psgr side front wheel...to my disbelief, the brake sensor assembly is missing all together. I
thought someone did cut off all together which is not the case. the entire assembly is missing ! I have sensors all the way around except for the one mentioned side.
Does anyone has a similar situation ? I will post pictures soon.
Thanks
avinator wrote:

driver front and passenger rear.
Bob
wow...Thanks Bob ! Did not know that ! I ordered 4 sensors ...should not be too bad I could always use them ;)
Bob wrote:

What kind of grease can or should u use on the new rotor assembly ? ( the inside of the rotor prior to assembly )
Thanks Again !
avinator wrote:

avinator wrote:

None there. Once the rotor and barkes are reassembled, you want to put a very thin coating of anti-sieze grease on the hub area where it contacts the wheel hub center. Also a dab on the threads of each wheel.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Oh one other thing... You can/should use high temp silicone grease (specially made for brakes) on the contact points between the pads and calipers. But go very lightly. You don't want the grease to foul the friction surfaces of the brakes, or... you ca imagine what will happen. Best to err on the side of too little.
I believe that BMW specifies no grease to be used on the caliper slide pins. In any case that is what I do and have never had a problem there. The calipers ride on rubber bushings on those 2 pins. No real need for grease.
--
-Fred W

You don't really need it since BMWs don't have studs so the discs don't seize in place - and in any case need replacing before they get a chance to rust. ;-) Not that it will do any harm, though.
--
*Re-elect nobody

avinator wrote:

No you don't. There is only one front and one rear sensor. Front left, right rear as I recall...
--
-Fred W

Thanks Fred !
Fred W wrote:

Err, you haven't. Only one at the front, and one at the rear...
--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

you can re-use the old sensors if you are careful in removing them from the old pads, and provided you have renewed the pads before the warning lamp has come on.( IE: the sensors have not been damaged) although having said that, the new sensors are dirt cheap anyway. Steve.
London SW

Perhaps it's just me being clumsy, but I find the heat hardened plastic breaks all too readily...
--
*If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments *