Brakes too good.

Page 3 of 3
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I do not know of any BMWs that had seperate calipers for the parking brake. AFAIK they all have drums in the rear disk. At least since the advent of rear disk brakes... ;-)
--
-Fred W

It *used* to be called an emergency brake.
Eisboch

Although with dual circuit brakes, as are common these days, there's not so much need. However, it's perfectly possible to design a drum brake of this size which would lock the wheels at say 30 mph. Or indeed to use the rear calipers for the job - I had a Rover P6 with Girling disc brakes where the handbrake was part of the rear caliper, and that would exceed 90% efficiency at the annual MOT.
--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

I'm afraid they're a bad joke. Just why they're worse than an E34 I don't know.
--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*