Brand new here looking for advice where/how to sell 88 BMW we inherited.

I'm in CA, Bay Area. We inherited an 88 328i in remarkably good shape. We want to sell it but not quite sure where to start. It's not an old POS and we don't want to just give it away. I figure on hitting area dealers to see it they have any boards to post on. Maybe Craigs list but I hear a lot of not good things about selling, particularly vintage, on there. Am having no luck trying to find any local area BMW enthusiasts. Any thoughts anyone might have that they could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much Doug

Reply to
Doug Chadduck

is the place you want to be. Ask to put an ad in their newsletter or something. Alternately you can put an ad in the national magazine.

I would most certainly not even consider Craiglist.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks. I sent an email to them and to the local East Bay rep. Hopefully something good might come from it. This is very different than when my old Toyotas or Mazdas got old and I just wanted them gone for a few bucks. Thanks again for the lead.

Reply to
Doug Chadduck

It's not a super valuable car, but it's a super fun car to drive and it has followers. Because it has followers, advertising out of state can actually be a win. People won't come cross-country to pick up a Toyota, but they will often be willing to do so for a clean BMW from that era.

Alternately you can just keep it and drive it and it will make you smile.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Nice e30s sell for surprisingly good prices on eBay.

Reply to
Dean Dark

I'll take a check there. Thanks

Reply to
Doug Chadduck

It's starting to look like a used car lot around here. I just quit working so my workhorse commute old Corolla just got replaced with a new Tacoma. So it will be the family "spare". That leaves my old 88 Mazda pickup and the BMW up for grabs. If insurance weren't so danged expensive........You're right, it's an awfully fun car to drive and it likes to go fast and does so with ease. That's what would get me in trouble. Enough is enough. It has to go. One day. Yup. That's the ticket.

Reply to
Doug Chadduck