Break Service

Page 2 of 2
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Neither do I, unless I know they are good stuff. These are.

I did not see any rotors on his bill. The first number was for labor, not rotors. They did not replace any rotors.
--
-Fred W

I thought he said they did the rotors. If they only did the brakes, then the parts cost (for DIY) would be about $100. That makes you right, again.

You're welcome. Sorry if I offended you with my implication that stupid people spell brakes wrong.

The brake pads have a sensor in them (the front pads have the sensor on the right side, the rear pads get the sensor on the left side) that alerts the driver that the pads are worn down. The message means you need brake service, which means you need new brake pads.

It's not the speed, it's allowing the left foot to rest on the brake pedal. (I'm in the USA, our pedal arrangment is the gas is near the center of the car and the brake pedal is on the outside -- or middle if the car has a manual trans. We use the right foot for the gas and the brake, and the left foot just watches the action without getting involved, except to operate the clutch if equipped.)
My guess is that you use one foot for gas, and the other to brake. While not actively braking, this foot is resting on the pedal and applying the brakes, wearing them out.

Yes, you should need two sets of front brakes if you need rear brakes AND your brake wear was normal. Personally, I think that because you have to ask these questions, you probably need professional help. It is difficult to get my arms around your troubles through the computer screen.
Over here, brakes are included in the service plan that the factory offers to get us to buy the car. You should see if the dealer will replace your brakes for free under the warranty program.

No. I do not think that having the car parked should enter into this problem.