Broken window '95 325is

It was a freezing cold day last week and I opened the passenger side door. As you know when you open the door the window opens a crack. Well it opened a crack and I heard a loud snap. When the door was then
shut the window would not go back up. Now the window will only go down and it must be pushed up by hand. Did The window motor break? Is the an expensive fix? Or is it simple and something I can do myslef? Thanks for all your help...
any help?