"Business Radio"

I'm currently looking at a few late models 3 Series Coupes. Some mention they have a "BMW Business Radio". What the hell is that ??

Thanks

=
Reply to
Jack

I'm not sure it is an exact definition. Mine in an E39 has tape, CD multichanger and a diversity reception RDS tuner. External power amp. There is a higher spec unit which includes extra speakers. Although many say it's not worth the extra cost (when new).

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I believe that in US BMW-speak, "business" means "basic," as in the very basic "business coupe" versions of cars sold in the US 50 years or more ago. Maybe it kind of translates to "poverty model" in the YooKay, or "stripper model" in current YooEss parlance.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Thanks...I guess "stock" also comes to mind...

Reply to
Jack

Be glad it's not something like Musikspielergeschäft.

Reply to
dizzy

It might in the US, but in other markets there are lower spec ones fitted. Perhaps equivalent to business class when flying?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, in any event, BMW's nomenclature has got us all confused to the point where we can't even decide if "business grade" is a "good" or a "bad" thing.

Maybe that's how BMW intended it to be.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Business is lower grade - Professional is higher grade.

Reply to
Keith Kratochvil