"Business Radio"

I'm currently looking at a few late models 3 Series Coupes. Some mention they have a "BMW Business Radio". What the hell is that ??
Thanks

I'm not sure it is an exact definition. Mine in an E39 has tape, CD multichanger and a diversity reception RDS tuner. External power amp. There is a higher spec unit which includes extra speakers. Although many say it's not worth the extra cost (when new).
--
*It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats*

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:41:31 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

I believe that in US BMW-speak, "business" means "basic," as in the very basic "business coupe" versions of cars sold in the US 50 years or more ago. Maybe it kind of translates to "poverty model" in the YooKay, or "stripper model" in current YooEss parlance.
--
Dan.

Thanks...I guess "stock" also comes to mind...
Jack wrote:

Be glad it's not something like Musikspielergeschft.

It might in the US, but in other markets there are lower spec ones fitted. Perhaps equivalent to business class when flying?
--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

On Thu, 01 May 2008 12:19:07 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Well, in any event, BMW's nomenclature has got us all confused to the point where we can't even decide if "business grade" is a "good" or a "bad" thing.
Maybe that's how BMW intended it to be.
--
Dan.

Business is lower grade - Professional is higher grade.