Button on turn signal lever?

On my '86 528e there is a push switch on the end of the turn signal lever.
It is marked "BC" and I find no mention of it in the owner's manual.
Anyone know what it does? It's not the high beams! That is forward/back. This is "inwards" like the window washer on the wiper lever.
Fred
"ff" wrote

Not sure about your car, but on my e39 it is used to cycle through different displays in the instrument cluster (avg. mpg, range, avg. speed, date, time, etc.).
Pete

Thanks!
Fred
It stands for board computer, showing you temperature, mileage infos, etc.
On 5/15/07 10:49 PM, in article

I have the same BC push button on my turn signal lever 91 535i. I have just refurbished the air intake and sealed the oil leak and now I turned my attention to the cockpit controls. I didn't see any response from this BC button...I will have to try it again...maybe there is a fuse blown in the fusebox?

Thanks!
Fred
ff wrote:

On the '86 it's the ejection seat. Careful when you change lanes and make turns!