Buying 2001 540i (e39) with 97k miles.

My dream car has and always will be the 2001/02 540i. Recently I came across one at a local dealership with 97k miles; dealer is asking 14,000 but I think I can negotiate to 10,000. Question: What do I need
to know about this car before I possibly buy (mechanical, repairs, etc.)? potential pitfalls, problems, etc. Would it be a worthwhile idea to buy this type of car with the miles? A little guidance is needed for clarity to ensure I'm not leading with my heart, know what I mean? Feedback would be great.