Buying a used BMW.

I am out for another car. I have a Volvo 740 GLE non-Turbo and I really love it but it is a SW and I need another smaller car.

Is there any year and model recommendation for a BMW that is relatively for the average mechanically savvy person to work on and for would still not cost a fortune to own?

Reply to
Hameed

"Hameed" wrote

You don't say what country you are in, what your price range is, what "smaller" means, and a lot of other stuff.

IMO, other than brakes, cooling system and suspension, no modern BMW is easy for *ANY* person to work on, as they all require a $50K computer diagnostic console.

BTW, what does "SW" stand for?

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

station wagon

Reply to
stinkeroo

BMW-speak is "Touring".

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

I prefer to tour in a sedan, a coupe or (god forbid) on 2 wheels.

Reply to
Fred W

Diagnostics simply make diagnosing a fault quicker. And I've got a Peak Research reader for mine which cost about $150 and gives most codes. But I've only really used it once - to confirm my diagnosis of a faulty crank position sensor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, that's "Sports Wagon" in current BMW speak.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.