CamAdvance or sparkadvance?

Hi,

Please take a look at this data grabbed via OBD from an E46 318i (Valvetron= ic)

(last graph)=20

I'm puzzled about the Advance Value (OBD PID mode 0x01 0x0E). The value is= suposed to be Timming Adv. in =BA relative to Cyl #1.

But I'm a but puzzled.. It throws values of about 40=BA some times.. and ab= out -2 to -3 immediately after throttle release. These values refer to spa= rk advance or the cam advance of the valvetronic system?

Is 40=BA at 1500rpm a "normal" value? Cos at about 5000rpm is also reads ab= out 40=BA

Can someone shed some light on this? Just out of curiosity....

Thanks!=20

Reply to
HangaS