CamAdvance or sparkadvance?

Hi,
Please take a look at this data grabbed via OBD from an E46 318i (Valvetronic)
http://lab.hangas.com/lab/sample2.php (last graph)
I'm puzzled about the Advance Value (OBD PID mode 0x01 0x0E). The value is suposed to be Timming Adv. in relative to Cyl #1.

But I'm a but puzzled.. It throws values of about 40 some times.. and about -2 to -3 immediately after throttle release. These values refer to spark advance or the cam advance of the valvetronic system?
Is 40 at 1500rpm a "normal" value? Cos at about 5000rpm is also reads about 40
Can someone shed some light on this? Just out of curiosity....
Thanks!