Can blown muffler damage engine ??

I have a 1995 318i automatic, 124,000 kms, that needs an original stock muffler replacement ( it's loud )....thing is, it'll be $400 CDN to replace, and I have to wait a month so I can afford to have it done. My question: Will driving the car for another month with the old muffler do any damage to the engine, or catylitic-coverter ?

thanks

Reply to
RZ

Not likely.

-- C.R. Krieger (BT, DT)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

The worst you should expect is reduced engine performance due to less back-pressure.

Reply to
KJ

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:24:56 GMT, KJ waffled on about something:

Be careful not to forget slightly less directly related damage... I blew a rear box on a turbo charged car once, and although it ran fine, and made a fantastic noise, the superheated gasses coming out of the hole melted part of my rear bumper!

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

No, Only damage will be to your ear drums.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Get a used box from a breakers? BMW boxes last for years.

Reply to
adder1969