Can't close electric window on '93 E36 - help

I've had a couple of occassions recently where fuse 27 (right sidelight, right taillight, license plate, instrument cluster) has been blowing, which
it appears I incorrectly attributed to a bulb problem. I've just had fuse 7 (central locking, alarm) blow, and I can't replace it - attempting to insert a new fuse result in instant fuse burnout. I've had a quick dig around and discovered from a couple of posts that the culprit may well be the wiring loom that passes near the boot hinge, apparently the symptoms I've had indicate a short due to wire breakage in that part of the loom. It probably also didn't help that someone lowlife git smashed my right front door window last Thursday and I ended up having to have it replaced, and it's possible that there's a short there too if the fitter messed up around the door switch (hence the fuse 7 blowout today as well as 27). It's also resulted in the electric windows being dead, and my drivers window is open. I've checked the breaker on the dashboard to make sure it's not that.
So, onto the question - does anyone know how I can get the window rolled up easily? I can lock the car manually, and it'll have to sit on the drive till I can get someone to look at the wiring. I just don't fancy leaving the window down, especially after the break-in last week.
Dan
Well, got it sorted. Cut open the loom sheathing in the boot, found all but 3 wires broken, managed to solder and tape them all up, replace the fuses, and get the car all locked up. Looks like I'll be ringing around dealers and breakers tomorrow to find a replacement loom ...
Dan