Car key memory settings

Hi
I understand that the memory in the cars key, can be used to set certain values of how the car performs
as per this doc http://www.e38.org/B090398_Att2_CKMSet.PDF
However, does anyone know how to change the settings, and choose other options?
Thanks
Paul
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:17:04 GMT something made Paul Aspinall write:

Hi Paul,
If im not mistaking then these settings are made for you by the dealer. When you buy the car they normally set it for free once. After that they will charge you for changing it to new settings.
HTH
I would also like to know, I would like the doors to lock after hitting the 5 MPH mark automatically.
-Branden

Car memory issue. There are about 7-8 features (DTR, whether the key unlocks one or all doors on the first press, etc) that are adjustable. Your dealer can do it for a "nominal" fee.
R / John

Well, I spoke with the service dealer here in town about getting my feature enabled and they want $50 + Tax to do it. For that much I can lock the doors myself.
-Branden

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:18:39 -0500, "Branden Nelsen"

My experience is that BMW service departments will make these kind of changes for customers for free while they are doing service or other work on the car.
I'm not surprised that they want to charge someone bringing in a car just to have a setting changed. It makes sense if you think about it.
--
Dan.

Sorry, I had my car in for the Inspection service to be done on it also. Asked how much it would be to get that done also and that is what they quoted me.
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
-Branden

AFAIK, only the dealer can change the default settings for these options. I've never heard tell of anyone being able to do this themselves.

The only way to change these is through programming, either with the GT1 or the Software Service Station (SSS). Which one is used depends on the model of car you are talking to.
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:29:25 -0400, "tech27"