Car Wax recommendations

Page 2 of 2

Being a user of both, I'd never claim that carnauba would come close to Klasse in terms of longevity, Klasse will never get close to the old-fashioned stuff in shine.
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:39:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@user.net wrote:

I have some great shine with Klasse all in one. I've heard form people who use Sealant glaze on top of it and it is harder to apply. Have not compared it to Carnauba in the shine department but this will do it for me.

Use Klasse, then follow up with a coat of Carnauba. Depending on the condition of your paint, you'll see depth of shine not seen with Klasse alone.
Next Saturday, I'll go to Monaco, there's a company specialized in teflon coating. Rather expensive but worth to be interested in.
Thanks for all the answers.

Think about how Teflon (PTFE) is applied to pots and pans. Particularly look at what temperature this must occur.
With that in mind, you'll see that its inclusion in car care products is nothing more than a sham.

I also own a VW Passat and found out that Porsche and VW recommended Blitz wax.
I remember reading it was best for the paint formulas used on European cars. Have no idea if it's true or not, but all the folks on the B5 forum were using it so I ordered some and it's been very good. I'm using it on my E90 as well and it's held up very well to the South Texas weather.

Yes, it contains carnauba. Do you know who's the manufacturer ? I did some yahooing but I only found dealers. None close to Monaco.
TIA

was
soft.
the
is
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:53:00 +0100, "frischmoutt"

I checked the bottle and it doesn't state who makes it. Just says it's bottled in Germany.

RT wrote:

RT wrote:

has some helpful stuff on the website to so.
Thanks Z4 Black
has some helpful stuff on the website to so.
Thanks Z4 Black
Thanks for the link. And specially suited to Z3s (see the picture under "why autoderm") :-))) Now we have a rather complete product palette. Good matter for comparison and discussion with the vendor. Bye
http://www.nufinish.com /
Easy to put on. Lasts a long time. Gives a great shine.
grinder wrote:

I recall that stuff got top ratings in Consumers Reports. I'm sure it is partly due to ease of use and longevity. But I don't think it will shine as well as a real wax (carnuba).
--
-Fred W

I used it a few years back. It's a good, inexpensive product - but it can't compare to Zymol.
Tom K.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:10:58 -0500, "Tom K."

    Agreed - Zymol is still my favorite, especially on my Z4 where deep reflections make the curves and creases look awesome.     Nufinish isn't a bad product but it's seen as outdated in detailing circles. It's a polish/polymer sealant formulated in the 80s and is more harsh than modern products and lacks depth of shine. There are better polymer sealants out now from Meguiars NXT to Eagle One Nanowax to Mothers Reflections and more.     epbrown -- "I'm...fine." "You were just hit by lightning, you're stark naked, and you can't remember your own name. You've got a fairly loose definition of fine." 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
RT wrote:

has some helpful stuff on the website to so.
Thanks Z4 Black

You should call or fax them -- since their shopping cart is hosted and NOT secure.