Car Wax recommendations

Being a user of both, I'd never claim that carnauba would come close to Klasse in terms of longevity, Klasse will never get close to the old-fashioned stuff in shine.

Reply to
user

Yes, it contains carnauba. Do you know who's the manufacturer ? I did some yahooing but I only found dealers. None close to Monaco.

TIA

"RT" a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
frischmoutt

I checked the bottle and it doesn't state who makes it. Just says it's bottled in Germany.

Reply to
RT

I have some great shine with Klasse all in one. I've heard form people who use Sealant glaze on top of it and it is harder to apply. Have not compared it to Carnauba in the shine department but this will do it for me.

Reply to
RT

Use Klasse, then follow up with a coat of Carnauba. Depending on the condition of your paint, you'll see depth of shine not seen with Klasse alone.

Reply to
user

Next Saturday, I'll go to Monaco, there's a company specialized in teflon coating. Rather expensive but worth to be interested in.

Thanks for all the answers.

a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
frischmoutt

Think about how Teflon (PTFE) is applied to pots and pans. Particularly look at what temperature this must occur.

With that in mind, you'll see that its inclusion in car care products is nothing more than a sham.

Reply to
user

Reply to
Z4Black

I have been using many kind of waxes for my various cars, I have an old Rodeo a Range Rover and a black Z4. I find that im washing my cars a lot and I ran into the same problem; my friend told me about this all natural stuff and works really well it lasts and It really brings out the shine. It is called Auto Derm and works really well. Check out the website

if you want to email the guy it is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com check it out. I hope this was helpful it has some helpful stuff on the website to so.

Thanks=20 Z4 Black

Reply to
Z4Black

I have been using many kind of waxes for my various cars, I have an old Rodeo a Range Rover and a black Z4. I find that im washing my cars a lot and I ran into the same problem; my friend told me about this all natural stuff and works really well it lasts and It really brings out the shine. It is called Auto Derm and works really well. Check out the website

if you want to email the guy it is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com check it out. I hope this was helpful it has some helpful stuff on the website to so.

Thanks=20 Z4 Black

Reply to
Z4Black

You should call or fax them -- since their shopping cart is hosted and NOT secure.

Josh Assing

I have been using many kind of waxes for my various cars, I have an old Rodeo a Range Rover and a black Z4. I find that im washing my cars a lot and I ran into the same problem; my friend told me about this all natural stuff and works really well it lasts and It really brings out the shine. It is called Auto Derm and works really well. Check out the website

if you want to email the guy it is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com check it out. I hope this was helpful it has some helpful stuff on the website to so.

Thanks Z4 Black

Thanks for the link. And specially suited to Z3s (see the picture under "why autoderm") :-))) Now we have a rather complete product palette. Good matter for comparison and discussion with the vendor. Bye

Reply to
frischmoutt

Easy to put on. Lasts a long time. Gives a great shine.

Reply to
grinder

I recall that stuff got top ratings in Consumers Reports. I'm sure it is partly due to ease of use and longevity. But I don't think it will shine as well as a real wax (carnuba).

Reply to
Fred W

I used it a few years back. It's a good, inexpensive product - but it can't compare to Zymol.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Agreed - Zymol is still my favorite, especially on my Z4 where deep reflections make the curves and creases look awesome. Nufinish isn't a bad product but it's seen as outdated in detailing circles. It's a polish/polymer sealant formulated in the 80s and is more harsh than modern products and lacks depth of shine. There are better polymer sealants out now from Meguiars NXT to Eagle One Nanowax to Mothers Reflections and more. epbrown

-- "I'm...fine." "You were just hit by lightning, you're stark naked, and you can't remember your own name. You've got a fairly loose definition of fine."

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

"frischmoutt" wrote in news:43f0f087$0$20149$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr:

A co-worker and Camero SS enthusaist introduced me to Zaino Brothers which he uses exclusively on both his black and red cameros which he enters in shows frequently. Both his cars have incredible depth and shine in their paint.

One afternoon he and I worked on the hood of my E28 to see if we could restore some shine to the diamond schwartz paint it made a big difference in only a couple of hours of work. Based on his information on how long the shines lasts, etc. I'm sold on it though it is a little expensive. Check out the site if you are intersted there is a good deal of information on their methods and products.

DT

Reply to
DT

I also own a VW Passat and found out that Porsche and VW recommended Blitz wax.

I remember reading it was best for the paint formulas used on European cars. Have no idea if it's true or not, but all the folks on the B5 forum were using it so I ordered some and it's been very good. I'm using it on my E90 as well and it's held up very well to the South Texas weather.

Reply to
Jack Dotson