Car waxes

Hey Everyone,

On my new Z4 I bought I have been using Zaino and Turtle Wax but I have not been to satisfied with either, I spend a lot of time on my cars and I need something that makes the my car shine like I just bought it. on top of that my BMW was keyed on the side, how could I buff that out?

Thanks,

Z4 Black

Reply to
Z4Black

I used Zymol carbon wax on my wife's black 525i. Actually, I use the whole Zymol process consisting of Clear car wash, HD-Cleanse polish and the wax. The car has a deep mirror like shine that holds up well with minimal care (weekly washing). You can get it from

.

Black cars in particular show off every water spot that gets left behind. One thing I found that really helps with water spots is to make up a filter for the hose that you rinse the car with. Home Depot sells one for about $30. The pipe thread to hose fittings are about $7 and if you need another short hose to run from your house to the filter another $5. So all together under $50. Removing the sediment from the water before it gets to the car makes a world of difference in preventing the spots from forming and as a result makes drying the car easy.

Kyle.

98 740iL 01 525i
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

As per what Kyle says but I use Meguirs and have had great results. Personally I find the cloth used can make quite a difference. I tend to use generic microfibre cloths and have no complaints but then my cars are met. silver and met. blue. Black is a whole new world of (rewarding) problems ;-)

Reply to
TonyK

For yet another view, I tried Meguiars Cleaner-Wax on my Black Z3 and did not have good results. Both Zymol Carbon and Creame worked very well so my vote is with Kyle.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Check out Lane's Products, I really like his stuff. I used Meguiars for years until I found Lane's products.

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

I like Zymol as well, and have since my Porsche days. Expensive, but worth it - give it a try. As for the keying, buffing won't help if they went through the paint - you'll need it touched up. Try a mild polish and see where it gets you - lots of times is just the metal of the key on your paint. epbrown

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to