CD Changer magazine stuck !

Greetings all,
I have a BMW 6 CD Changer in my 3 series. one of the draws that holds the CD`s has jammed out/open. when the green button is pressed the motor whirs and nothing happens. the
head Unit comes up no magazine.
The draw is definitely stuck open as I can see it through the gap. Is there a release button somewhere in case of such an event? Like the ones on ya CD rom on the PC ( the little hole) Or does the CD`s player have to be removed. Has anyone else had this happen or something like? Any help greatly appreciated.
TIA
Russ

I have had similar with the Panasonic unit fitted to the E38 740i. What happens is the CD slips out of the carrier and drops into the works therefore when the mechanics want to withdraw the CD carrier it won't budge.
I was in France when this happened first time - no tools etc except for stock car items.
I PULLED the cassette forcibly and then used two sticks from the roadside to form a pincer / tweaser type thing and pulled the CD from deep in the works.
Worked for me but not being next to you at this time it's only what happened to me and how I handled it.
Sir Hugh of Bognor
Sorry for the low-tech solution, but it may help: my CD changer magazine jammed in the actual unit once. Following advice on this very newsgroup, I gave it a thump. Worked a treat.