CEL won't go off!! Foaming at the Mouth....

1995 318i with the obd 1 dme. It has displayed a knock sensor code for almost a year. I finally got around to fixing it,replaced both sensors involving a lot of pain and sweat, only to have the code immediately
reappear after starting the car. I tried disconnecting the battery- no good- the code comes back on the next time the car is started. I want to hammer the instrument panel... and then on the way to work this morning the rear view mirror fell off ...how about some thoughts on that check engine light. Thanks.
I think the car is broke. And I think the mirror sucks. And those are my thoughts.

I would trace the knock sensor wires all the way back to the ECU. If the wires are good and dont have too much resistance (ohms) then I would say your ECU is toasted and needs butter.
BD

Perhaps there is something else wrong. Just a thought ...