Central locking only unlocks drivers door

Hi

I have an E38 740.

When I unlock via the remote key, the Central locking only unlocks drivers door

Any ideas??

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Aspinall

What happens when you press the remote unlock button twice?

Reply to
daytripper

Silly suggestion, but you know that the first click only unlocks drivers door, second press unlocks other doors. Sorry, don't mean to insult you.

Reply to
tech27

Not necessarily -- you can have your key programmed so that it unlocks ALL and locks all (whether from the key or the button on the dash).

Your dealer should ask you what you prefer when you buy the car.

Mine did. And I have it set to all lock or unlock (from either key or dash button).

Reply to
Eric

Actually it depends on when the car was made. My 7/98 build 1998 740iL does not have car and key programming available and does take 2 presses of the unlock button to unlock all of the doors. I asked a BMW dealer about this, they said that 7-Series cars built starting in 9/98 (i.e. 1999 model year) had car and key programming, prior model years did not.

Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene