Change Air Filter on 1987 325e

Hi There,
I am trying to change the air filter on my '87 325e but I am having trouble. I have undone all the clips for the box and the lower section of the filter
box is loose but it is still awkward to get to. Can anyone advise or know a linke that shows it with photos. I am not a mechanic and I am nervous about loosening the wroing screws/nuts.
Thanks in advance.

any screws or nuts. If you have ALL of the clips undone, the top half should be loose enough to lift high enough to pull out the filter (the red rubber-edged thing). I also seem to recall one or two clips that are nearly out of sight. Look for those. -- C.R. Krieger (Wondering why BMW didn't finish higher in Oz.)