changing power steering fluid

Hi
My power steering fluid needs to be replace. I was wondering if i can suck out the old fluid from the resevior and pour in new fluid? Will that work or damage the steering? Th reason is I'm selling the car in a
yr time and do not want to spend a bomb on my already high repair cost.
I'm having a dodge grand caravan 3.3L. Does anyone know what is the recommended fluid?
Is there a website with shows what to do for DIY changing of power steering fluid?
Thanks!
You might want to try the alt.autos.dodge group.

Why do you think it 'needs' replacing? IME unless the fluid becomes contaminated in some way, it never needs changing. You could certainly suck out, or drain the fluid from the reservoir, but unless you disconnected one or both of the pipes at the rack or box, and worked the steering manually with the front wheels raised, most would still remain in the system. Mike.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I was not aware that BMW were in any way affiliated with Dodge Did you pick this group for a reason?

Dodge is part of Chrysler Chrysler is part of Mercedes-Benz M-B is German BMW is German
Isn't the logic obvious?
Tom K.
Tom K. wrote:

He'll be asking questions on a hydrogen filled Zeppelin next!