Changing the serpent

About a year ago, I changed the water pump on my 93 325iS and it was no problem getting at the tensioner and removing the serpentine belt with the
rad and fan out of the way. Now I need to change the belt and it seems impossible to get my chubby little fingers in between the rad and fan to get at the tensioner. The picture in the Bentley shows the process with the rad and fan out of the car. They can't mean you need to remove these items to change the belt. I'm loathe to open the cooling system just to change a belt. Help?

Removing the fan and clutch assembly is easy. First remove the shroud, then the fan clutch (left hand thread). You can then get at the tensioner. No need to remove the rad.
--
*Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.

t0ph3r wrote:

Well, you could just remove the fan and leave the rad in place. It's pretty easy.
--
-Fred W

Well Duh, I'm so dumb. That of course makes perfect sense. Thanks.
t0ph3r wrote:

Sorry (I think). I did not to appear demeaning. I only said it was possible because that is how I last did it. Happy trails...
--
-Fred W

Hey, no apology neccesary, I appreciate the advice. I'm just dissapointed in my own lack of problem solving. I'm a retired mechanic and I should have been able to figure this out without going begging on the net for help.
So, again, thanks. ;')