CHECK ENGINE LIGHT 1997 BMW 528I

I TOOK MY CAR AND HAD THE CODES CHECKED AT MY LOCAL BMW DEALER AND THE CODES CHECKED OUT TO BE MY SECONDARY AIR PUMP, SO I CHANGED THE PUMP WITH A USED
ONE THAT I PURCHASED FROM A FRIEND, BUT MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON, WHAT MIGHT HAVE I DID WRONG OR WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO?
PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS......
Did you clear the codes after the install?
SLMSHADYX81 wrote:

ReddDawg wrote:

HEY REDDDAWG HOW DO YOU CLEAR THE CODES? AND WHERE?

CODES
It appears that your keyboard caps haven't been cleared since they got stuck. May I suggest you to use small letters instead ? Then I'll be able to read your e-mail and possibly to answer it.
TIA
frischmoutt wrote:

Sorry about that. I'm needing help with my 97 528i bmw. Anyone able to help me? How do I turn off the check engine light after changing my air pump????
[...]

help
pump????
I may assume that after a repair is done, the memory code area needs to be cleared. Refer to the thread related to the brake pads which the warning light remained on after replavement. On e-bay there are tools to deal with the OBC. Have a look. BTW did you make a search on Google ?
This link although Volvo related might gives you some clues. http://www.volvospeed.com/Repair/airpump1.htm
frischmoutt wrote:

It's also possible that the air valve might be defective. Clear the codes, and if that doesn't work, change the valve.
Thomas Wright wrote:

how do i check the codes and clear the codes on my 1997 bmw 528i ? i dont kno how to clear the codes or wat codes yu are refering to. please explain if yu can. thanks

explain
Look at e-bay and make a query with "OBD BMW" (without the " ")