CHECK ENGINE LIGHT 1997 BMW 528I

I TOOK MY CAR AND HAD THE CODES CHECKED AT MY LOCAL BMW DEALER AND THE CODES CHECKED OUT TO BE MY SECONDARY AIR PUMP, SO I CHANGED THE PUMP WITH A USED ONE THAT I PURCHASED FROM A FRIEND, BUT MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON, WHAT MIGHT HAVE I DID WRONG OR WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO?

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS......

Reply to
SLMSHADYX81

ReddDawg

HEY REDDDAWG HOW DO YOU CLEAR THE CODES? AND WHERE?

Reply to
SLMSHADYX81 via CarKB.com

"SLMSHADYX81" a écrit dans le message news:

67953cae58e31@uwe...

It appears that your keyboard caps haven't been cleared since they got stuck. May I suggest you to use small letters instead ? Then I'll be able to read your e-mail and possibly to answer it.

TIA

Reply to
frischmoutt

Sorry about that. I'm needing help with my 97 528i bmw. Anyone able to help me? How do I turn off the check engine light after changing my air pump????

Reply to
SLMSHADYX81 via CarKB.com

"SLMSHADYX81 via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message news:

679f06ae2e6bc@uwe... [...]

I may assume that after a repair is done, the memory code area needs to be cleared. Refer to the thread related to the brake pads which the warning light remained on after replavement. On e-bay there are tools to deal with the OBC. Have a look. BTW did you make a search on Google ?

This link although Volvo related might gives you some clues.

frischmoutt

It's also possible that the air valve might be defective. Clear the codes, and if that doesn't work, change the valve.

Reply to
Thomas Wright

how do i check the codes and clear the codes on my 1997 bmw 528i ? i dont kno how to clear the codes or wat codes yu are refering to. please explain if yu can. thanks

Reply to
SLMSHADYX81 via CarKB.com

"SLMSHADYX81 via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message news:

67a1d31cabfcc@uwe...

Look at e-bay and make a query with "OBD BMW" (without the " ")

Reply to
frischmoutt