check engine soon

2002 bmw 325i lights left on. battery down. jumped off to start. now "check engine soon" light is on. how do i turn it off?

Your car is OBD II compliant. You can go to AutoZone and they will allow you to use the scan tool -- or, they will use it -- to pull codes and reset them.
I suggest you pull them and write a list, then reset them. If the Check light comes on again, you can check to see if there are any repeats.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

ok - thank you. i will try that.
lmul248270 wrote:

In all likelyhood, the check engine code will have been a result of the low voltage condition you created. It should clear on it's own after a handful of starts, or go to an Autozone and have the codes read (to be sure) and then reset. See if they come back after. I doubt they will.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

thank you - i will go to autozone today