check engine soon

2002 bmw 325i lights left on. battery down. jumped off to start. now "check engine soon" light is on. how do i turn it off?
Reply to
lmul248270

Your car is OBD II compliant. You can go to AutoZone and they will allow you to use the scan tool -- or, they will use it -- to pull codes and reset them.

I suggest you pull them and write a list, then reset them. If the Check light comes on again, you can check to see if there are any repeats.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

ok - thank you. i will try that.

Reply to
lmul248270

In all likelyhood, the check engine code will have been a result of the low voltage condition you created. It should clear on it's own after a handful of starts, or go to an Autozone and have the codes read (to be sure) and then reset. See if they come back after. I doubt they will.

Reply to
Fred W

thank you - i will go to autozone today

larry mullens