Chewing gum

SIGH . . . .
Chewing gum on the leather seat.
Any tips for clearing it off?

Chill it with ice cubes in a plastic bag, then it will come off more easily.

Ice cubes from the freezer (-23C), replenish when they start to melt.
WD40 on a rag should do the trick.

One of those wart freeze kits will do quite nicely,but god forbid WD40 on leather!
Yes WD40 is very efficient cleaner. When applied on the leather it leaves it perfectly clean. Everything as well as the color are removed. Aceton mixed with chlorine, petrol and sand do the same.
By experience on another supports, I's stongly recommend NOT TO USE it.
Ice as already told has been proved as efficient on carpets and clothes. Why not on the leather ? However,make a try on a small hidden surface prior to do the jump !

And the winner is . . . .
. .
. .
PEANUT BUTTER ? ? ?
Yes, peanut butter.
Worked like a charm. I had to use an old tooth brush to get down in some of the texture, but it worked just fine.
Thanks for all the input.
Shadowdancer
the_righter_of snipped-for-privacy@robin-hood.com says...

.
Peanut oil is an excellent solvent for a lot of gooey, gunky things but I didn't know it would work for chewing gum. Interesting!
--
Dan.

That's a good choice, and arguably a better one than WD40.
I would never have suggested WD40 on any open grain leather surface, bit I would be surprised if a little on a rag did any harm at all. The idea is that just about any oil based product will cut the chewing gum, and most leather "repair" products are also oil based. I suppose one could simply go straight to an oil product that is intended for leather, and be reasonably sure that the leather will survive the ordeal.