Choice of Brake Pads for 2001 530i

The brake wear light just came on in my 2001 530i. I am not sure whether it is alerting me to wear on the fronts or rears but, at 68K miles, I plan to replace all of them. What I am looking for is advice on the pads to buy. I am mostly concerned with the annoying brake dust. I don't need exceptional braking power or especially long life. Any suggestions? Also, how about the need to replace the break wear sensor as part of the job? I appreciate any inputs. John Ann Arbor MI

Reply to
John White

"John White" wrote

I was happy with EBC GreenStuff on my A4. Much less brake dust and comparable braking performance to OEM (ATE).

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I prefer Bosch ceramic.

- phlood -

Reply to
phlood

You have to since the warning light is on. But even if not they can break on removal, so budget for both.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How are the Bosch ceramic? Are they noisy? Dusty? How is the stopping power compared to OEM stock pads or something like Repco/Axxis Metalmaster or deluxe? Thanks!

Reply to
bfd