Clanky steering on E46 coupe

Ok - one more to throw out there. Got my e46 coupe. I know it has the sports suspension but felt a bit too much play on the steering. Turned out that the reaction bushes (back of the wishbone on the front
suspension) needed changing. Just got them done and the steering is much tighter - less tracking and the rest - BUT - I'm getting more knocking on the steering. Since I've got new bushes it can be them rattling about - unless it could be ones at the front - but it feels more like something loose in the telescopic steering columns. On bumpy parts of the road its like pipe rattling around a can!
Anyone else having/had similar experience? Roy
Since you just had work done, I think they must have left something loose. You should return to the shop and tell them that something is now making noise that was silent before they worked on the car.