Cleaning alloy wheels

Page 2 of 2

Reply properly.
I think the poster was insinuating that it would damage the tyre compound, if the liquid came into contact. Which, it will when the car is driven;you can't clear the liquid off entirely.

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK
from snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk contains these words:

I can make that myself, thanks - with a little help from the wife on occasion.
--
Skipweasel

Should be Naval effin spelchecker---------
Sir Hugh of Bognor
Nice shirt Hugh...
The implication is you're using an abrasive compound on your wheels, which eventually will remove any lacquer finish, exposing raw metal to the elements, which in turn will lead to irreparable corrosion...

Malcolm H wrote:

Why not just leave them dirty?

So do I ---- 2 years since washed my E38 740i an then only for my mum's funeral on Jan 16th
Sir Hugh of Bognor