Reply to
stuart

Should be Naval effin spelchecker---------

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

So do I ---- 2 years since washed my E38 740i an then only for my mum's funeral on Jan 16th

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

Why not use sulfuric or fluorhydric with, in addition, sand paper plus a chisel and a hammer ????????? HCl etches the aluminum. Don't use it at all, even in a very diluted solution. If your rims are bolted, the risk is not negligeable because the acid might remain within the small intervals or below the bolt heads. It will ruin slowly and slyly the metal the rims are made of.

Dedicated cleaners, recommended by BMW wouldn't hurt your rims as far you are quick enough. The rest of the job being done with elbow grease !

I never used such agents on my Z3 rims. They're 5-year old. No deposit, no dust. A regular washing with the BMW Wash'n Wax plus a quarterly waxing perfectly did the job.

Now you're aware of the old wives' remedies. It's up to you to prefer playing Russian roulette !

a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

[...]
Reply to
frischmoutt

We know that but BMW wheels - don't know what other crap we are talking about as this is x-posted to Merc and others - are lacquered so no aluminium to corrode unless you are in the habit of kerbing your wheels...

Agree

Yes SIR! But arse-holes like me that use their cars for transport instead of art objects DON'T do the spit and polish daily routine.........

Some folk win some folk lose but if you know the rules you can always win.

Russian Roulette --- must be played with a six chamer revolver. Ratchet disconnected and held with the barrel horizontal to the floor and the trigger guard pointing to the ground (normal use position.) - the single bullit will always fall to the lowest point therefore whether it be a colt or Smith&Wesson (righ or left index) the next trigger pull will always be empty. Be careful there are other variations on this and some folk play with all six chambers full-?

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

Personally I prefer playing with the six chambers _empty_ ! The reason I replied :-)) Bye

a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
frischmoutt

Nice shirt Hugh...

Reply to
David R

Try Rimjuice

I have used it for a year and it works really well. You may need several treatments if the rims are really bad.

Reply to
Johnson