Clear lights X5

Can any one please help me with this problem

I am the proud owner of a BMW X5. Chassis LM51122 , Model code FA52-11

As the car was build in late 2002 it was equipped with the partly "RED" front and rear indicator lights.

I understand that the lights could be exchanged to clear lights as fitted on the present model BMW. X5

In view of the above I went the BMW garage and requested them to change the lights to Clear ones and they agreed to do the job.

The modification was completed today but to my surprise, the front lights are still partly red, so paid a lot of money and received different red front lights.

The rear lights are ok and clear .

It seams that the garage doesn't know what to do and I have the impression that I have received the wrong lights.

The service manager told me that the new clear front doesn't fit to my car which I don't believe.

Could any one please help me and advice on this matter.

Kind Regards

Hans in Adelaide Australia

Reply to
Frank Oz

The X5 front design was face lifted since your '02 was built. Back then 'clear indicators' was an optional extra.

Most of the post-facelift X5s I see have clear indicators. To my knowledge, clear indicators are still an optional extra, so your dealer should be able to easily source them as service parts and fit them (or how else could they fix a crashed X5).

AFAIK the whole headlight assembly will need to be replaced, therefore is going to be rather expensive.

Reply to
Class-1

Thanks for your reply, I have just replaced the lot and it is expensive hence my request.

With a bit of luck a professional in this group can give me some more details .

I am the proud owner of a BMW X5. Chassis LM51122 , Model code FA52-11

As the car was build in late 2002 it was equipped with the partly "RED"

I understand that the lights could be exchanged to clear lights as fitted on

In view of the above I went the BMW garage and requested them to change the

The rear lights are ok and clear .

It seams that the garage doesn't know what to do and I have the impression

The service manager told me that the new clear front doesn't fit to my car

Could any one please help me and advice on this matter.

Reply to
Frank Oz

Try posting your question here:

or here:

lots of folks on these 2 sites that are VERY into doing modifications on X5's. You may have to join to post a new question, but I believe you can search either site without joining. The subject has been discussed at length both places

Reply to
newsreader

Reply to
Frank Oz