Cold engine & engine braking

I was wondering: After cold starting, Steptronic-equipped BMWs tend to hang on to gears for the first few minutes to rapidly warm the engine/cats/etc. My previous 2 Steptronic-equipped ones (E39/E46)
certainly did this, and my current E83 does this as well.
When driving out of the parking garage at work, after a couple of hundred yards, I have to take a sharp 90 degree turn.
What occasionally happens is that driving up to the turn, the Steptronic (normal "D" mode) hangs in second gear and the engine revs to about 2000rpm. Incidentally, the engine temp indicator is just nudging off the cold/blue area.
Then, when I slow to take the turn, the trans keeps it in the same gear, making the car slow quite a bit by engine braking.
Does this (I take normal) behavior have any negative effects on the engine or driveline? Or is this nothing to worry about?
Class-1 wrote:

Absolutely not. 2000 rpm is nothing to these engines, even when cold. Now that doesn't mean to go out and tromp on the accelerator when it is still cold...
--
-Fred W