Comfort access and iDRIVE help

OK, I did as someone in this group suggested and had the software upgraded in my 550i 2006. They did find several "software faults" and upgraded it.
But I still have both problems:
1) Comfort Access: works sometimes, sometimes doesn't (have to hold the key up to the window to get it to work) 2) iDRIVE: Sometimes starts right up, sometimes sits on the BMW screen for up to 15 seconds.
Anyone else find the solution to these problems?
Your two problems are related. The iDrive starts to boot up when you unlock the doors (from a distance) and I assume that also applies with comfort access. It sounds like your vehicle has difficulty recognizing the presence of the key, so sometimes the iDrive will commence boot up well before you enter the car and it looks like a proper boot up to you. At other times it will appear to sit on the BMW screen simply because the boot up started later. Get the key recognition fixed (check key battery??) and you will be good. YMMV.
ag wrote:

Thank you Niels. I will try. I did take it in already onece for the comfort access. They said it was a "software issue" and upgraded to the latest software. However, the problem still occurs. I will ask them to change out the battery and check the antenna. unfortunately, here in San Antonio Tx we have only one BMW dealer and their service department is terrible.