computer error message encountered while fixing 1990 535i...help!

My dad has been trying to fix our 1990 BMW 535i for about two weeks now. The other day, after he put the new batery in, it flashed on the computer this error message: "pppp". Does anyone know what this means?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.bmw / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

It means the trip computer has lost power and needs to have the time reset. Directions on doing so are in the owner's manual. You will also have to put it in miles/gallons mode (assuming that's what you want, of course). --scott