Confusion CD Changers for 2003 E39 530i

Hi, I have been researching getting a CD changer installed on my 2003 530i (no navigation system), but find varying references to THREE different model changers. I also see lots of conflicting opinions on
which will work for me. The three referenced parts in these newsgroups are:
82 11 0 028 404 82 11 0 028 418 82 11 0 028 760
These appear to be all interchangeable in my vehicle, and appear to be listed in order of their introduction (newest being the 760, oldest being the 404).
Does anyone have a new definitive commentary on whether the 418 will work in my car? I have access to a 418 unit.
Thanks!
Oops... wrong part number above. They should be:
82 11 1 469 404 82 11 0 026 418 82 11 0 028 760
Also, I heard that it looks like the 760 is the most general purpose for ALL models, but that the 418 was the actual unit supplied in 2003. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate?