connecting an ipod - what's the best way

I have a 2002 530i with factory NAV, tape deck and CD changer. I connect my ipod to my Jeep's stereo the a cassette adapter but the cassette deck on my BMW is behind the NAV screen and when the screen goes back to its normal position, it fits so snugly that the cord leading from the ipod to the adapter won't fit. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? I've got to listen to my ipod and the fm transmitters don't produce very good sound. Thanks.

Reply to
snuka

I use an iTrip.. works very well.. if you are having problems with FM reception, take a look at your setup... might be easier than laying in new cabling and a switch box to break into your cd-changer line.

keith

Reply to
keith

I have a 2003 525i with nav, and I bought the aux input adapter from bmw. It cost approx $40USD and took about an hour to install. I am thoroughly satisfied with the results. I use my MP3 player and XM radio Roady interchangeably.

It beats the cassette and fm 'solutions' hands down.

Reply to
Alphageek

Reply to
snuka