Continental Run-flats

After 28,000 miles, I am about to replace the OEM Bridgestone RE 050A run-flats on my Z4. Has anyone had any experience with the Continental Conti SportContact 2 SSR run-flat tires? They are listed by Tire Rack as
30% cheaper with a tread wear rating of 280 vs. 140 for the Bridgestones.
TIA
Tom K.
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:34:07 -0500, "Tom K."

    Have you considered dropping run-flats altogether? Every Z4 owner that's ever done it has RAVED about the improvement to ride and handling that good regular tires gives - check www.z4um.com. I'll be adding M3 replicas to mine, and I'm making the switch then.     epbrown -- 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

Yes, I'm also considering the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 along with a 12v air compressor & flat plugging kit. But if the run-flat Contis perform anywhere near the (non run-flat) Sport2 tires, I would use them, as the price is almost the same as the Goodyears.
Tom K.
I understand the Michelin & Goodyear runflats are mendable with smaller tred punctures - if economy is also an issue, you may wish to consider them.