Convertible top for a =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=9296?= 328ci

I need to replace my convertible top. It was damaged and in the process of trying to get it to shut, I used the emergency release under the back seat. Mistake. I cannot get the motor to re-engage. I have tried everything. The worst part is it does not clamp down the covetable cover, which pops up like a parachute whenever I drive... the one time I have since driven, over 40.

I have the official repair book, but it literally says resetting the motor is beyond the scope of the book.

I guess the second part of my question is, if I do have to take it in to be reset, should I do it after I have the top replaced/repaired or after. I am supposing it is easier to work on if the motor is not connected.

I sure appreciate any support.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to