Coolant for E30 316

I am about to change coolant for my '87 E30 316. I found some Valvoline coolant G-11 and G-12. First is blue, second is red. What should I use?

I found half empty bottle of coolant that is currently in the car in my boot, and I can not determine what is it. From the label:

FIAT 55523 ASTM D3306 SAE J1034 BS 6580 AFNOR R15-601

and nothing more.

I did some search on the Internet, and it looks that I should use blue G-11 coolant. Am I correct? Should I flush before I put it in?

Reply to
Yvan

Don't know what G-11 or G-12 is. What you really want is Glysantin G-48, and yes that is blue. It is manufactured by BASF / Valvoline and repackaged by several manufacturers.

Reply to
Fred W

Nedavno Fred W pise:

| Don't know what G-11 or G-12 is. What you really want is Glysantin | G-48, and yes that is blue. It is manufactured by BASF / Valvoline | and repackaged by several manufacturers.

I think that it is VW/Audi specification. And it seems that Valvoline produces different coolant types for USA and (Eastern) Europe (where I am).

Hire I can find this "Valvoline Coolant AF Extra" (small pdf file):

(I hope link is OK).

It graded "BMW N600.69.0" (and "Volkswagen TL774C G11").

Is this safe to put in my E30 M10 '87 engine?

Reply to
Yvan