crank position sensor

my 535i is in need of a crank position sensor, teel me where is it located, and can i replace it?

year, please. e28, e34?
its a 95

According to www.realoem.com, 2-1993 was the last production date for theU.S. version M30 535i. The crank position sensor is on the front and reads the harmonic balancer (pin). It's a 15-minute job to replace.
Bill in Omaha '86 535i