Crappy AM Reception

Well, anyone who needs to drink water *constantly* unless it's very hot is probably diabetic. Most can manage many hours without when doing such a low energy task as driving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not quite, but I do remember that not until the third car I owned did I have *self parking* windscreen (UK...) wipers, and I was tickled to death at being able to turn then off at any time without having to wait and time it so they were down flat.

Not all innovations are good, however. The automatic transmission, power steering, cupholders, drinks in cars, and the cell phone all contribute to the modern style of driving that seems to only ever use one hand. Apart from the distraction and wandering about that non-driving secondary activities cause, there are other dangerous trends developing, such as non-use of turn signals apparently due to not having a free hand to work the stalk. The scary thing is that it's becoming accepted behavior by those who do it, and other drivers.

But few will admit that any such in-car habits that *they* have affects their concentration or driving ability one little bit. They're all 'above average' drivers.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Yes...when will it end?

Reply to
Alphageek

I once heard a suggestion that I honestly think is a *very* good one.

Seat belts shall be removed from all cars and made illegal to fit or use, and all cars shall be fitted with a sturdy, sharpened steel spike about 12" long protruding from the center of the steering wheel.

Do you think you'd drive a lot more carefully in that car? I know I would.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Just as long as that car doesn't have power steering, automatic transmissions, or any of those other evil innovations.

Reply to
Alphageek

And FM reception, too. Both suck in my 2003 E46. My GMC Yukon does both VASTLY better.

- GRL

Reply to
GRL

Who is at this day and age?