Crappy AM Reception

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:24:01 -0700, "Alphageek"

I once heard a suggestion that I honestly think is a *very* good one.
Seat belts shall be removed from all cars and made illegal to fit or use, and all cars shall be fitted with a sturdy, sharpened steel spike about 12" long protruding from the center of the steering wheel.
Do you think you'd drive a lot more carefully in that car? I know I would.
--
Dan.

Just as long as that car doesn't have power steering, automatic transmissions, or any of those other evil innovations.
wrote

Jim wrote:

People who enjoy listening to sports or talk radio.
> Even on cars with good AM recepetion, the > sound quality is still very deficient.
Neither of the above two uses require good fidelity.
-Fred W

AM reception is poor on any screen aerial IMHO. And I'm not sure the diversity system used by BMW will actually work at such low frequencies.
--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The AM reception is much improved on my E36 after I replaced the head unit with a (*gasp*) Sony Xplode CDX-L600X.
This model is no longer in production (unfortunately) but it actually fits very well with the BMW dash scheme and both tuners (AM&FM) are far more sensitive that the OE. I still use the stock antenna and, as I recall, had to make sure to properly wire the power to (the amp) it when installing the deck. I did not have a CD Changer in this car, and actually prefer a dash player so I can change my music as my mood changes on a long trip.
-Fred W
And FM reception, too. Both suck in my 2003 E46. My GMC Yukon does both VASTLY better.
- GRL
wrote