Crashed my 520i

To be honest, it was a K-reg (UK) E34 and although the engine was great (160K) and the bodywork sound, before I hit the fence, I'm not too annoyed.
My options are:
1) Fix the broken handbrake, rear suspension and fit a new centre exhaust box (these were things wrong with it before I spun off - the actual damage caused by the crash was largely cosmetic, to the car at least)
2) Sell the car to someone, as it still has 6 month's MOT - how much should I ask for?
3) Scrap the car, after robbing a few high value bits off it
The tax runs out at the end of the month and fortunately, I haven't renewed it yet. Am working abroad from January until April so won't need a car, but wondering whether to drive it when I get back or buy a cheap banger to replace it...