Curise Control turns off on its own... can not restart unless turn off car

1998 740il, 100,000 miles. Yesterday and today now the car's cruise turns off. I am driving with cruise on and it turns off. The indicator light goes off too. I can not turn it back on until I re-start the car.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

thanks rick

Reply to
rick

sounds to me like you have a vacuum leak somewhere, This was the problem on my 1999 E39 540i

Reply to
greg1120

Thanks Greg.. sounds like a visit to the dealer..... :( rick

Reply to
rick