Current M3 owners, questions!

Hi,
I used to own a 330ci but have been with an Audi for 12 months, anyway I'm looking to buy an M3 (current version) and had a few questions:-
My Audi does approx 260 miles on a full tank, the BMW used to do about 320,
what kind of mileage will an M3 do?
Are there any good insurance companies, quoted this morning at 1,100, which isn't too bad (I'm 32, 8 years no claims and live in a decent area).
If I buy the SMG gearbox version does count as an automatic and perhaps cheaper to insure (worth a try!!)
Anything else I should look out for?
Thanks in advance
Daz

In town?? short journeys - about 190

Direct Line is the best I found,

Nope - just as a manual - the insurance company person will not understand what SMG is though!

Most will insist on a mid-high range Tracker being installed.
hth
Harry

(snip)

Curious as to why an automatic is cheaper to insure? Is this just a UK thing?
Tom
Daz wrote:

Mine does 22mpg around town. Maybe up to high 20's on a run.

Tesco was best for me this year.

Look out for exessively high warranty premiums, having to take the car in every few months and dealers taking all your money. Poor gearchanges, rough running, groaning diffs, clunking clutches, rattley speakers,...