Cutoffs/Service Engine Light

I purchased a 2001 525i Bmw with 88,000 miles. The problem is just after about a month, the car started cutting off when came to stop. I notice the idle seem low when this would happen. Then the check engine light
would come on, and stay on. Sometimes I could drive and it would drive with light on. Then, it would stop, light would go out, and thing was fine for weeks. Then it would do it again, same thing. I had the code checked, they say it is the ignition coil, and that it needs plugs. Basicly a tune up. Any answers
tnymcgee wrote:

No such thing as a "Tune-up". Change the plugs if they are old. If there is a coil fault the error will point to which cylinder. There is a seperate coil for each plug.
--
-Fred W

just went to have the coe checked again. It says the cam position sensor is bad.
Just went to have the code checked again. It says the cam position sensor is bad in bank 1.
tnymcgee wrote:

There is a recall active for the coils (there is one for each cylinder) in the US for certain I-6 (which your 525i is) models and years.
If you are in the US - contact your local BMW dealer with your VIN number. They can tell you if you're in the group being recalled.
I've had several of the old coils (Brembi) fail - the replacements are a new design Bosch coil.
I had the same problem with my 2001 530i. I sent it to a BMW dealer and they replaced two sensors free of charge perhapes due to the recall.