damaged hood

I was at work and a transformer blew and a piece of it landed on the hood of my SUV. The power company doesn't want to take responsibility and I really don't want to use my insurance. Does anybody have any advise?

Reply to
bmills

Yes, use your insurance. Then, sue the power company for the damage you suffered due to faulty equuipment.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"bmills" wrote

I wouldn't worry about it. This would be a claim under the "comprehensive" part of the policy, and claims under that won't affect your rate.

Of course, this assumes you *HAVE* comprehensive; some people don't. However, if you owe the bank/leaseholder, you probably do since they usually require it.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Sue the bastards just as you would if a truck had hit it or another road user or the owner of the house next door when the chimney fell off onto your ornamental pond/lawn/SUV/dog etc. Wasn't your fault and it's NOT an act of GOD.

Er! you do still have the offending piece of scrap metal don't you? EVIDENCE + photos.

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

This is why you have an insurance company. You collect from them and fix your car. Tyhey litigate against the power company and collect reimbursement for what they were obviously liable for.

I'm curious though, what lame brained excuse did they give for it not being their fault? You should have known not to park under a power line transformer? Pshaa...

Reply to
Fred W