Dan Stern dropped the ball -- need new headlight source.

I need a new source for something like 80W Osrams or German quality H-4 for my e-codes. Dan communicated with me about 20 days ago - suggesting what to buy, so I e-mailed him the order and voice-mailed my credit card information. I placed the call and e-mail on about April 10th. He never responded or replied that he received the order.

A week ago I e-mailed him asking the status of the order. Today, 20 days later - not even as much as a reply. Nada, nothing.

To say the least I am disappointed. I bought his relay kit and bulbs last year and promote him to everyone I see mention e-codes.

Well, he let me down very much. So, unless he does something to make this matter right - I can no longer refer Daniel Stern Lighting.

K. Jamie Babineaux Commerce, Texas

Reply to
JamieB

Kinda' surprising from Daniel, but maybe not too long a time for a half decent vacation from The Great White North. Daniel has no employees I know of, so if he's out of town, business is shut down. I'd check back with him over the next week or so. That is not like him, unless he's off on a jaunt to Colorado or something.

-- C.R. Krieger (Arbiter of Cool)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

I'm sure Dan has a reasonable excuse (like oh f*ck i spaced it) and that he'll be in contact with you soon.

I know where he lives so I can always go beat him up or something. I need bulbs anyway and tend to ignore some of the hardships of being a one man shop.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Mr. Babineaux is correct: I dropped the ball on his order. He sent me an upset e-mail this past Sunday evening a little before 9pm, and while I obviously wasn't in the office, I was checking mail from home later that night and responded at 11:30. I acknowledged and apologised for my human error, and offered to send him the bulbs free of charge. No response (still none as of today, Thursday), so I went ahead and shipped him the bulbs anyhow, free of charge. He'll have them in hand shortly, and I hope he uses them in good health. If he's so angry with me that he'd get greater satisfaction from driving over them just to hear the krunch, that's OK too. I'm certainly not the world's only source for good lighting equipment, and I don't pretend to be, though you'd usually be hard-pressed to find Marchal Ampliluxes and some of the other rare stuff I keep.

Keep the greasy side down and the bright end forward,

-D. Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern