Dashboard display question

I have 94 E34 that was manufactured in 5/93 and runs wonderfully. But you know what happens when you see a newer one and it has features that you didn't know were available. My dad just bought the same car but it
was manufactured in 1/94. The display on his dashboard is a bit more comprehensive than mine, specifically in displaying information about what's playing on the CD player/radio. I thought that perhaps my dashboard display had been set not to display this information and I reset it per the instruction manual. (Press the remote button for three seconds until it says Prog1 and then hit the S/R button on the OBC.) However, this did not work. Does anybody know how I can get my car to display this information as well?
Vern

I have one manufactured in 9/93. It does not display the CD Info either. It has a whole bunch of cool car-phone feature displays but since you can no longer get cellular service for these phones it's moot.
-Fred W
retrofit your dash and probably your deck and some other things. Its usually a pain, but it can be done. for example, I retro fit the deck from an e46 into my e28, then bought the ibus and power cables and put an e46 changer in the trunk, it looked great, sounded nice, but it was a pain to install and added absolutely no value at resale...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com went clickity-clack on the keyboard and spewed out this:

This is nuts! We have the same year and model car. I'm betting an updated ROM would do the job, nothing more. Sheesh!
Vernon. I would disagree, the stereo will need to send out certain signals and the dash will have to be able to recieve. Usually if there is a seperate signal there is an additional wire in the harness. Im not saying this for sure, that would be my guess. As to updating the ROM, that seems like a bit of a pain, will the car be looking for any other signals once updated? I would recommend retro-fitting, then you know that the part you have will do what you want without wreaking havoc on the rest of your car... The updated ROM idea seems about as smart as spacers on wheels...
An E28 has resale value?
-Chris '85 535i