Diagnostic software

Hi NG,
im looking for a diagnostic interface and software for an BMW 530 from 2004 like VAG-COM for VW and Audi.
I want to scan for error codes and maybe change some basic features of
the car (no chip tuning or changing the mileage of the car).
Thanks for any answers,
Bernd.
I use TEKMATE - http://www.tekmatetools.com/index.html - Plugs into your USB, enables you to view OBDII fault codes and log data and along with the Bentley Manual you can identify the manufacturer specific codes also.
You can often get them cheaper on EBAY - http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=tekmate .
The good thing is that since the cable is quite generic (make sure yours is for European OBDII) you can use other software too (however the Tekmate is good).
Let us know how you get on.
Nick