DING! 318is

Every once in a while while driving, and for no apparent reason, I hear a single loud chiming sound come out of my 318 dash or speakers, and it's startling. Worse, I'm really tired of having to shrug my
shoulders when passengers ask me what this sound is.
Can anyone tell me?
Tim T wrote:

    Low Temperature/Ice warning. Comes on at 37F/3C to warn you of potential for ice on the road.
    Bill
Bill Bradley wrote:

Could also be the "memo" function on your clock if you have that. That's an alert tone that you can set to go off at the same time each hour (may be able to set more than one). Intended to be a reminder to tune into your favorite news report or traffic report on the radio.

Mine does that when the outside temperature falls to 38 degrees F. I've seen intermittent electrical problems cause things like that in an older 5-series. Ron

Now you can sagely point to the temperature readout on your OBC. But Dude, it's FEBRUARY! "What's that gong?" season was over *months* ago ... -- C.R. Krieger